Monday, May 20, 2013

Hawaiian Skillet Pineanana Quinoa Breakfast Plate

Pineanana....short for Pineapple & Banana!

Since I started working out again, I have been trying to keep my meals light. Plus, since I started making more recipes to put on the blog and my Facebook page...I have put on a few extra pounds. (darn dryer shrinking my clothes). The recipes are so good, I have to eat it ALL. Not really...but close. Here's a nice little breakfast I just threw together.

Hawaiian Skillet Pineanana Quinoa Breakfast Plate

1 semi-ripe banana, peeled, cut half then cut lengthwise
1  1/2"-1" freshly sliced cored pineapple
1/4 c. roasted coconut flakes (how to roast on stove top below)
1/4-1/2 c. cooked quinoa...depending how hungry you are!
freshly grated ginger

-In a non-stick skillet on medium heat, put the pineapple in the middle with the bananas around the pineapple.
-Cook for 5 minutes flipping the pineapple and bananas. Pineapple will release some juice  Remove pineapple and banana from skillet and onto your plate.
-Put the quinoa in the middle of the pineapple.
-Sprinkle with coconut and fresh ginger.

Enjoy!

To roast the coconut flakes, throw into the same skillet and gently toss for a minute until very lightly roasted. Remove from skillet.

No comments:

Post a Comment