Sunday, May 5, 2013

Banana Coconut CC Cookie Balls

I had a couple of really over ripe bananas on my refrigerator. Two more days they would have been in the compost pile. So I decided to throw these cookies together. I really love coconut and I just bought new chocolate chips. I used my tablespoon baller to scoop them and they didn't flatten out...they stayed shape. Which is ok..they still are very good!  Good thing about this recipe, you only need one bowl!

Banana Coconut CC Cookie Balls
Makes about 1 1/2 dozen.

Preheat oven 350. Lightly spray a large cookie sheet or use parchment paper.

2 over ripe smashed bananas
1 c. old fashion oats
1 c. whole wheat pastry flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 c. sweetened shredded coconut (can use unsweetened coconut)
1/2 c. non-dairy chocolate chips
1 1/2 TBSP. pure maple syrup
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. extra fine sea salt
1/4 c. walnuts

-In a large bowl, combine the banana and oatmeal and let sit for 5 minutes.
-Mix all the remaining ingredients in the banana/oatmeal mixture and combine well.
-Scoop 1 tablespoon of the dough on your prepared cookie. Space 1/2 inch apart.
-Bake for 12-14 minutes until they are very lightly golden.
-Let set on pan for a minute then transfer to cooling rack.

Don't eat them all at once!!

No comments:

Post a Comment